Days 0f ouR Lives

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Penang! Truely LonelY - - Island

Exam results will be out in 2 more days.. I really pray that i will be able to pass everything.. so that i can get a job and start a new chapter of my life. Studying AGAIN doesn’t really seem very appealing anymore.

Watever the case, i can only bide my time till then. Time for the next post, my M’sia Trip – Penang! (Ipoh has been as usual, except this time i brought dear back to my hometown. No pictures there though.)

We stayed at dear dear’s place, a condo near gurney drive.great view, shopping access and most impt, great company :)

DSC07956 DSC07958 DSC07962 DSC07995DSC07964 DSC07969 

The above photo was taken at the 37 story i think.. my camera almost flew down, the wind was scarily strong.especially at night. The window at the balcony couldn’t even close when it rained!

 DSC07996

My favorite spot in the house. Drinking and relaxing after a meal or bath is really amazing. I love the life there. Missed the walks beside the beach too..

DSC07997

My Room! – Dear’s actually. :)

DSC07982

Shopping has never been so near, just downstairs, like compasspoint.. sugoyi~

DSC07986  

Picture perfect.. with the exception of that kuku car.. zzzDSC07971 Where is my food? Penang boast of great fod But -

 DSC07972 DSC07973

RM2.50, maggi mi + egg and RM3 for fried rice. Nutsumi. Taste like F**K

DSC07970 DSC07980

Drinks worth mentioning: the green juice is called “***” i forgot.. :P

DSC07977 DSC07979DSC07978

Famous durian ice kacang. *Slurp. and char kway teow. but kway teow still is the best in Ipoh. Smooth and silky, unlike Penang’s lumped together feeling.

While waiting for the gals doing the hair, ah tai and me went on an adventure outside the mall, in search of food and interesting iconic structures.. well food is always on my agenda.. :) Fried chicken and Dai lok Mee – aka fujian noodle..

DSC07987 DSC07988

We had dinner at gurney drive. nothing much to say. Food sucked, ambience sucked, well everything was bad. i mean not as i remembered. BAD. not even average. I rather eat in the mall. SAD.

DSC07989 

Breakfast on the next day was superb. I always though that money not = good food, but boy i was wrong. to the max,, superbly wrong. Kim Kim’s family showed me what money could buy – great food comes at a price. no photos but memory will definitely last forever. Place and food deep down. Min xian fried. interesting.

We brought breakfast for our “KIDS” – wonton noodles. Looks good taste good – RM 3. This is FOOD. but without the conversion it is considered expensive. wonder how the locals survive… Dear bought extras like kuays and stuff.. taste good.. yum yum..

DSC07991 DSC07992 DSC07993 DSC07994

As u can see, their wonton mee is nothing like ours. I will surely go back to have al this again. :)

DSC08004

Wat is M’sia without the durian. under the mango tree? LOL.. ah tai’s hokkien was amazing.

And lastly – MONKHOOD. at the local barber shop.

 DSC08005 DSC08015

Cam whoring on the trip back to butterworth for our coach bus back to SG.

DSC08020 DSC08025 DSC08036

I so need a plan to loose all the pounds gained on the trip. I need to exercise. Ah may keep saying i need to eat less.. zzz., well i am losing weight le.. gonna make dear self conscious. muhaha. Trim and fit.. here i come!!

TIll next time.. abt SQN life.. next post.. :P Jaa Mata~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home